How do I add higher vehicle categories to my driving licence?
You’ll need a full car driving licence to enable you to apply for provisional entitlement to drive a lorry, minibus or bus. You can then take a test for the new category. For more info, visit: https://www.gov.uk/adding-higher-categories-to-your-driving-licence

If your licence was issued before 1st January, 1997 then you may already have some higher categories on your licence. To find out what you can currently drive, you can visit https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

You’ll need:

Do I need full Driver CPC?
Yes, if you drive a lorry, bus or coach as the main part of your job. You don’t need a full Driver CPC if you don’t want to drive for a living or transport passengers or goods for personal use. More exemptions can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-driver/when-you-dont-need-driver-cpc

How do I get qualified and keep my full Driver CPC?

How do I find out how many hours I have done in the last 5 years?
You can check how many hours of CPC training you’ve done by visiting the gov.uk website here: https://www.gov.uk/check-your-driver-cpc-periodic-training-hours

What happens if my Driver CPC certificate has expired?
You can’t drive professionally until your Driver CPC is up to date. You can be fined up to £1,000 for driving without a valid CPC certificate.

How do I replace a lost, stolen or damaged CPC card?
You can contact the DVSA for a replacement card on 0300 123 7721. You’ll need a credit or debit card to pay a £25 fee.

Driver and Transport Manager Courses
Keeping drivers and transport managers legal and compliant, we offer a range a course times to suit every need.
Workplace Training
Developing skills and knowledge to keep employees safe in their work environment, find more courses to suit you.